Finance Officer at Jhpiego
Job Location: Akwa-Ibom, Cross-River, Niger and Adamawa
How to Apply: Send CV to [email protected]
Application Deadline: 15th August 2019
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
- The TMEC/RISE program is a newly-awarded 5-year, USAID-funded global HIV program that supports countries to achieve and maintain HIV epidemic control through provision of strategic technical assistance and direct service delivery to improve prevention, HIV case finding and treatment programming.
- In Nigeria, TMEC/RISE comprising of Jhpiego, ICAP at Columbia University, a global health leader situated within the Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health in New York City and others will support the Government of Nigeria to address barriers in HIV services among at-risk adult men, women and priority populations and to build capacity of local Implementing partners, continuously leveraging data to successfully course correct and achieve and maintain epidemic control.
- This project aims to achieve and maintain the primary prevention and 95 – 95 – 95 goals that are critical to HIV epidemic control in Nigeria.
- The program will also support PEPFAR’s transition of HIV service delivery to local partners, advancing progress along the journey to self-reliance.
- The Finance Officers (FOs) will be responsible for financial operations in their respective field offices.
- They will prepare operational budgets and cash forecasts, oversee the effective financial management systems, ensure that all financial transactions are carried out in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, ensure that transactions are entered correctly into automated accounting system and accurate reports are sent monthly on or before due dates to the Country Office.
- He/she will prepare cash forecasts for field office operations and perform any other financial accounting duties assigned by supervisor.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or its recognized equivalent
- Professional qualification in accounting (ACA, ACCA, CPA) or MBA from recognized institution will be an advantage.
- Minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated financial accounting experience in a structured organization of which Immediate past three (3) years should be within an international not-for-profit organization.
- Previous experience in a PEPFAR funded award is required.
- Previous experience with an international nonprofit organization will be an added advantage.
- Computers skills including use of spreadsheets and automated financial management and reporting software.
- Good oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate financial findings and analyses.
Application Closing Date
4:00pm; 15th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an Application Letter and CV as One Single Word document indicating Location to: [email protected]
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position / Location you are applying for.
- Please indicate Location in your application and email title.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview. Please note that any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Nigerian nationals living in those locations are strongly encouraged to apply
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org