Health Informatics Advisor at Jhpiego Nigeria
Job Location: Abuja, Nigeria
How to Apply: Send CV to [email protected]
Application Deadline: 15th August 2019
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
- The Health Informatics Advisor for TMEC/RISE will provide high-level technical leadership and guidance in planning and implementing appropriate SI/M&E systems, mobile data collection, and migration of data into the project data warehouse.
- RISE/Nigeria will focus its support for service delivery in the following intervention areas: HIV testing services (HTS), HIV diagnosis and treatment, HIV care and support, prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV (PMTCT) with RH/HIV integration, TB/HIV service integration, Laboratory services, and health systems strengthening, States include Akwa-Ibom, Cross River, Niger, and Adamawa.
- Advanced degree in related field with 5+ years of relevant experience
- Advanced knowledge of health informatics, including specific expertise in supporting databases, data warehousing, mobile data collection and geographic information systems
- Strong knowledge of PEPFAR Monitoring and Evaluation, DATIM, and HIV program monitoring and evaluation terminology, especially standard indicators used by PEPFAR programs
- Experience developing and managing implementation plans, including timelines and priority tasks
- Familiarity’ writing and using complex SQL queries (ex: using various joins and sub-queries), ETL processes and related best practices
- Demonstrated familiarity with DHIS2 other electronic medical records systems used in Nigeria
- Experience with data dashboard design and use Ability to process data using GlS software
- Ability to comprehend complex technical and logical concepts
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application Letter and CV as a One Single Word document indicating location to: [email protected] The title/subject of your email and application should be the position / Location you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview. Please note that any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- Nigerian nationals living in those locations are strongly encouraged to apply