Manager, Sales and Trade Development
at MTN Nigeria
Job Location: Delta
How to Apply: Online
Application Deadline: 23rd August 2019
MTN Nigeria is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Manager, Sales and Trade Development
Location: Asaba, Delta
- Co-ordinate execution of Regional trade marketing strategies to drive MTNN’s value and growth aspirations.
- To propagate the MTN Brand within the region, through the development and implementation of innovative marketing initiatives.
- Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing Sales & Distribution Processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation, etc.), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Serve the Division’s internal customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Strategic Partnerships with MTNN leadership team to drive awareness on expected behaviours and impact on non-compliance on bottom line results and company image/reputation.
- Drive planned strategy for the successful delivery of MTN Group and MTNN transformation initiatives focusing on Customer centricity, including Perfect 10 Project.
- Drive an increase in MTNN’s Net Promoter Score.
- Plan and manage supplier relationship with Distribution Company and customer relationships.
- Collaborate cross functionally – NWG, Marketing, Enterprise Solution, CR, in the regional and territorial engine rooms to ensure commercial alignment in achieving the objectives of revenue, profitability & market share in the sub-region.
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Maintain effective working relationships with internal and external suppliers.
- Coordinate, coach and influence external partners and essential support departments across MTNN’s business units to deliver a seamless pre-sales and post-sales service experience.
- Execute the retail strategy in the territory to achieve the objective of retail expansion, dominance, mind share and loyalty in the region.
- Identify, create and execute Communal & Goodwill events and sponsorship initiatives in the region to drive affinity and localization of the MTN brand in the region.
- Research and provide feedback reports on competitor activity, network quality, peculiar market situations and any issues affecting the marketing of MTNN products in the region
- Achieve BTL visibility objectives across all outlet types and category in the region through the effective planning and execution of merchandising.
- Review analysis of regional marketing surveys on current and new product concepts and recommend future product development within the region.
- Develop and execute territory specific trade marketing initiatives to ensure achievement of the business objectives in the region.
- Develop and manage profitable and sustainable partnerships to achieve our data device and mobile money objectives in the territory.
- Ensure standard look and feel across all MTN retail outlet types in the territory
- Ensure effective communication of the MTN brand and proposition at the retail layer of the distribution channel
- Assist in establishing and maintaining consistent corporate image throughout product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Co-ordinate the presence and relationship of MTNN with stakeholders and policy makers at the Regional levels.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Coach and train the team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs.
- Review performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Identify training requirements of team members, develop program to address knowledge gaps and implement training interventions for retail participants to ensure adequate knowledge of MTNN products.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
Experience & Training
- First degree in any related discipline
- 6- 13 years’ experience which includes:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience in supervising/managing others
- Experience working in a medium to large organization
- Marketing management experience within the telecommunications, FMCG’s or ‘new age’ service industry.
- BEng, BSc or HND.
Application Deadline: 23rd August, 2019.