Senior Finance Manager (SFM) at Jhpiego Nigeria
Job Location: Abuja
How to Apply: Send CV to [email protected]
Application Deadline: 15th August 2019
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
- The TMEC/RISE program is a newly-awarded 5-year, USAID-funded global HIV program that supports countries to achieve and maintain HIV epidemic control through provision of strategic technical assistance and direct service delivery to improve prevention, HIV case finding and treatment programming.
- In Nigeria, TMEC/RISE comprising of Jhpiego, ICAP at Columbia University, a global health leader situated within the Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health in New York City and others will support the Government of Nigeria to address barriers in HIV services among at-risk adult men, women and priority populations and to build capacity of local Implementing partners, continuously leveraging data to successfully course correct and achieve and maintain epidemic control.
- This project aims to achieve and maintain the primary prevention and 95 – 95 – 95 goals that are critical to HIV epidemic control in Nigeria.
- The program will also support PEPFAR’s transition of HIV service delivery to local partners, advancing progress along the journey to self-reliance.
- The Senior Finance Manager (SFM) reports to the Director of Finance and Operations and will be responsible for providing the financial management for all Jhpiego projects in Nigeria.
- The position holder will possess strong leadership and team management skills.
- The SFM will oversee all local financial reporting aspects of the project in Nigeria and work closely with project staff to disseminate accurate financial reports as well as budget monitoring reports.
- The SFM will ensure that the financial reports are compatible with standard accounting practices and follow Jhpiego and USAID rules and regulations.
- The SFM will be responsible for ensuring cost consciousness, efficient spending and for implementing and maintaining an on-site financial accounting and book-keeping system required to assure the integrity and effective performance of project financial operations.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is mandatory
- Professional qualification (ACA, CPA, ACCA) and/or MBA from recognized institution is highly desired
- Minimum of twelve (12) years relevant experience in finance, accounting
- Previous experience from a PEPFAR funded award and extensive practical application of USAID regulations is highly desired.
- Previous experience within an international nonprofit organization that has successfully managed large and complex awards.
- Strong knowledge of using accounting software and financial management reporting tools
- Excellent financial management reporting skills
- Strong budget management skills
- Ability to support technical teams with accurate, timely financial and high strategic budget management reports
- Excellent experience in managing audit and other third party review process
- Previous experience in managing finance staffs in multiple field offices.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an Application Letter and CV as One Single Word document indicating Location to: [email protected]
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position / Location you are applying for.
- Please indicate Location in your application and email title.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview. Please note that any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Nigerian nationals living in this location are strongly encouraged to apply
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org