State Team Leads at Jhpiego Nigeria
Job Location: Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Niger, Adamawa
How to Apply: Send CV to [email protected]
Application Deadline: 15th August 2019
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
- The TMEC/RISE program is a newly-awarded 5-year, USAID-funded global HIV program that supports countries to achieve and maintain HIV epidemic control through provision of strategic technical assistance and direct service delivery to improve prevention, HIV case finding and treatment programming.
- In Nigeria, TMEC/RISE comprising of Jhpiego, ICAP at Columbia University, a global health leader situated within the Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health in New York City and others will support the Government of Nigeria to address barriers in HIV services among at-risk adult men, women and priority populations and to build capacity of local Implementing partners, continuously leveraging data to successfully course correct and achieve and maintain epidemic control.
- This project aims to achieve and maintain the primary prevention and 95 – 95 – 95 goals that are critical to HIV epidemic control in Nigeria.
- The program will also support PEPFAR’s transition of HIV service delivery to local partners, advancing progress along the journey to self-reliance.
- The State Team Leader will provide programmatic, technical and financial responsibility for state level leadership and management of and reporting on TMEC/RISE-Nigeria program activities, making decisions and solving problems in short time-frames while ensuring operational and program quality and integrity and serving as the program’s first point of interface with USAID on routine and strategic matters. This includes ensuring effective organizational management and communication interacting with other projects, Government of Nigeria stakeholders at the National, State, and LGA levels, community and local stakeholder groups, other international implementing partners, and USG and other agencies.
- Advanced degree in Public Health, Health Administration, International Health or a related field; MD preferred with 7 year in related field; a minimum of 4-5 years working experience in the areas of HIV/AIDS.
- Understanding of the Nigerian (or similar) social and political contest and developments in the health sector
- Experience hiring and supervising personnel and ensuring they acquire the necessary training and skills to meet evolving program needs
- Excellent diplomacy skills and a proven ability to establish and sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with USAID missions, host-country counterparts and representatives from other key stakeholders such as NGOs, the private sector and other donors.
- In-depth knowledge of USAID and PEPFAR-funded projects, regulations, compliance and reporting
- Demonstrated outstanding leadership, strategic thinklng, organizational and team-building skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an Application Letter and CV as One Single Word document indicating Location to: [email protected] The title/subject of your email and application should be the “Position / Location” you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview. Please note that any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- Nigerian nationals living in those locations stated above are strongly encouraged to apply.