Team Leader – Health Resilience of North East Nigeria
International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- The conflict in North East Nigeria has displaced over 1.9 million people and shattered livelihoods of many more. Since 2014 IRC has been delivering support to communities affected; across Borno, Yobe and Adamawa states, with field offices in Maiduguri, Monguno, Gwoza, Damaturu, Yola and Mubi and a country office in Abuja.
- With over 700 staff we deliver humanitarian support and longer term recovery programming in health, nutrition, WASH, education, protection, economic recovery and livelihoods.
- We work in coordination with State government Ministries, WHO, UNICEF, UNHCR, UN OCHA and other development organisations. IRC is an active participant in coordination mechanisms to contribute to improved impact.
- DFID Health Resilience of North East Nigeria Service delivery project in Borno and Yobe states will support delivery of quality integrated primary healthcare, reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health services and improve evidence based decision making, accountability at all levels of service delivery. The Project team will work alongside state and local government authorities building their capacity to effectively deliver quality integrated primary healthcare, reproductive, maternal, and newborn and child health and nutrition services.
Scope of Work
- The Team Leader (TL) will be responsible for the overall technical, financial and operational management of the Emergency Health and Nutrition Service Delivery programme, reporting to the Deputy Director for Programmes within the IRC Nigeria office. The TL will serve as the liaision with state government authorities, development actors and stakeholders. A proactive and dynamic Team Leader, you will lead and give strategic direction to the project consortium and ensure the program is implemented in accordance with donor regulations, and internationally recognized humanitarian standards. You will support project initiatives to adequately address the needs of the beneficiary population in the most cost-effective and inclusive manner.
- This position will be based in Maiduguri, Borno State, with regular trips to the field. Please note this position is contingent on award.
- Provide overall technical leadership, financial and operational management of the programme
- Serve as the consottium’s representative to the donor, State Ministry of Health (SMoH) and other technical agencies and organizations
- Provide high quality leadership and strategic vision to the consortium, with hands on management ensuring programme activities achieve the greatest coverage and impact possible, coordinated inputs and technical/managerial quality and programming that is data driven and adapts and changes with the context
- Supervise the Senior Programme Management Team, likely to include the Deputy Team Leader, the Finance Lead, the Operations Lead, and Technical Advisors
- Overall management of a team of diverse staff, cultivating and maintaining a work environment that promotes collaboration, trust, mutual respect, and empowers staff to take responsibility
- Ensure a culture of Client Responsivenss though policies that facilitate client responsiveness through resource allocation, advocacy, and project design and by requesting and using client feedback data to make decisions
- Regular coordination with the supplier implementing the DFID contract aspects of their Health Business Case
- Representation to donor and partners including government officials, CSOs, INGOs and development partners
- Engagement and coordination with humanitarian and development coordination mechanisms, ensuring regular programme updates to partners and stakeholders and promotion of joint planning and implementation
- Programme implementation in compliance with DFID regulations, agreements signed with partners and IRC internal policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated expertise in health and nutrition service delivery in insecure environments and areas affected by crisis
- Minimum of 10 years of increasingly responsible experience in humanitarian and development program management
- Master’s degree in relevant health related subject, post-graduate medical degree (MPH, MD, RN, PA, or midwife), or other relevant degree
- Validated leadership and strategic planning capabilities
- Experience running large, geographically dispersed teams and working in tandem with local and international partners
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing inter-institutional coordinating functions within a multi-cultural operating environment
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills with evidence of ability to productively interact with a wide range and levels of organizations (government, private sector, NGOs, research institutions)
- Demonstrated good judgment and decision-making skills
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
- Excellent IT skills (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to handle a large and dynamic workload, work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Previous work experience in Africa, field experience in Nigeria is preferred
- Strong internal and external communications skills, experience with advocacy an advantage
- Nigeria nationals or long-term residents are particularly encouraged to apply
Standards for Professional Conduct:
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
- IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances
Application Deadline: Not Specified.
Why NigeriaRecruitmentForm for IRC Free Job Alert?
Nigeria Recruitment Form is the one stop place for International Rescue Committee Nigeria Jobs 2019 notification across various sectors and industries within Nigeria. Here in this website we will ensure that at International Rescue Committee Recruitment 2019 Portal updates get notified to all our visitors. We help both fresher and experienced non graduates to get International Rescue Committee Nigeria openings across Nigeria.
Disclaimer: Help improve this news portal, and if there is any mistake or any lack of information / facts in any news or excerpt, or if there is any copyright objection, then inform it at comment section. Simultaneously give full information with facts. The article can be corrected or removed.